Friday, July 10, 2009

Solving Error #2007: Parameter blendMode must be non-null.

Different versions of Flex's v3 SDK are not compatible with each other. You cannot always use a swc compiled against 3.3 in your 3.2 project. This is a useful warning if you're using multiple swc's from other projects.
The unobvious Flex error you get when mixing SDK versions is:
TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter blendMode must be non-null.
I didn't see this problem until my component tried creating a drop-down list, at which point it tried validating the list and spat this out.
I can only find this one reference to this problem, hence this post seems like it might help somebody:
Agile UI: I hate error messages like this

2 comments:

  1. thanks for posting your experience with this error. It saves me a lot of time and energy.

    http://ivelnal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete